What is Reiki? “rakee”
- Reiki restores and maintains balance, health and harmony at all levels.
- Eases stress, creating a calmer and more relaxed attitude to life.
- Helps to clear out the “mental dustbin” of past upset and distresses.
- Reiki can help with problem solving.
- Relieves physical ailments.
- Provides comfort and ease during grief.
- Brings calm to the hyperactive child, and peace to the terminally ill.
- Promotes self-awareness and personal growth.
- Brings mental clarity and focus.
- Reiki can be used for distant or absent healing.
How Does Reiki Work?
Reiki is a very simple, non-intrusive energy treatment that focuses on balancing the Chakras or energy centres in the body.
The treatment lasts for about 1 to 1 ¼ hours, according to individual needs. The client may lie down, fully clothed. Relaxing music may be played.
The therapist places their hands lightly on the body or just off the body for about five minutes and then moves to the next position.
A sensation of warmth, cold or tingling may be experienced, and a general feeling of well-being. The whole body is treated, not just an isolated area. This enables the energy to go right to the source of the imbalance, and not just to the manifesting symptoms. The Reiki session sets in motion the body’s own self-healing process, which continues after the treatment is over.
Reiki improves all body systems: circulation, neurological, digestive, respiratory and endocrine. Reiki also moves in the deeper levels of the mind and spirit, easing out stress and uplifting the depressed, bringing rational thought and a joy to life.